The NC State Office of Chancellor’s Events is committed to working with our faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends to enhance and unite the Wolfpack community through the production and management of many of the university’s events and programs. These special events are an opportunity to emphasize our continued commitment to our historic mission of teaching, research, extension, engagement and economic development. Whether you’re attending one of our events as a guest, or planning your own institutional event, the links below may be helpful to you. For further assistance, please call 919-513-7263, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re planning an institutional event at NC State, the information below will help point you in the right direction.
What is an institutional event?
- An event where the chancellor’s office initiates the invitation or the chancellor has a significant role in the program
- An event where the invitation list includes VIPs such as the University of North Carolina System president, UNC Board of Governors, NC State trustees, local politicians, business executives or
- An event being sponsored at the college level or higher (not a departmental one).
Planning an institutional event
Event planners should use the following guides in planning their event. Guides included on this website are:
- Timeline Checklist (.xlsx)
- Planning Group
- Funding and Budget
- Invitations and RSVP
- Food and Beverage Service
- Campus Resources
- Process for Inviting VIPs
- Chancellor Participation and guidelines for hosting an event at The Point
- Interested in becoming a Chancellor’s Aide?
- Check out upcoming events at NC State on our Public Events Calendar.
- All you need to know about Wolfpack athletics including schedules, tickets, hotels, and more at GoPack.com.
- Not sure about a kick-off time? Call 919-515-9068 for the latest football schedule information.
- Where to park at the PNC Arena for men’s basketball games.
- Directions and information about the Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center.
- Coming to campus and don’t know where to go? Stop by the E. Carroll Joyner Visitor Center for maps, directions, tour information, and more.
Staff Contact Information
Ellen S. Klingler