Sending with MailChimp
The Email Generator helps you compose your message. Using a platform such as MailChimp is still necessary to send your message to recipients.
MailChimp can ingest email code that is pasted into the platform. This functionality allows you to use the Email Generator to compose a message. You can then paste the HTML code of your newly composed email into MailChimp. MailChimp can then send out your email to its intended recipients.
When using the Email Generator, you compose your email message within the Email Generator rather than MailChimp. You will only use MailChimp to send the email message.
Sending Your Email
- Login to your MailChimp account.
- Click “Campaigns” in MailChimp’s top menu.
- Click “Create Campaign.”
- Give the campaign a name of your choice. Also, select the campaign type. In most circumstances this will be “Regular.”
- Go through the normal steps of selecting a list and email setup until you get to the “Template” step.
- When prompted to select a template, choose “Code your own.”
- Select “Paste in code.”
- In a different window or tab, log in to the Email Generator and view/preview your rendered email.
- You will need to copy the HTML code from your email. In Chrome or Firefox, right-click anywhere within the page/email and then click “View Page Source.”
- Copy all of the HTML code. (You can press Ctrl + A on a PC or Cmd + A on a Mac to select all of the code.)
- After copying all of the HTML code, go back to MailChimp. Within the large “Code” text editor box paste all of the HTML code.
- Click the gray “Save” button and then click the blue “Save and Close” button.
- Continue to test and send your email as usual.
- Note: We recommend sending your email to several internal recipients as a test prior to sending the email to all of your recipients. This will give you one more chance to catch grammatical errors and spot any technical issues that may arise.