Connecting Our Community
The University Special Events office is committed to working with our faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends to enhance and unite the Wolfpack community through the production and management of many of the university’s events and programs. These special events are an opportunity to emphasize our continued commitment to our historic mission of teaching, research, extension, engagement and economic development. For further assistance, please call (919) 513-7263, or email email@example.com.
Would you like the chancellor to participate in your event?
If you would like the chancellor to participate in your university event, you should begin by having your proposal reviewed and approved by the vice chancellor or dean of your unit.
Next, please complete the Chancellor’s Attendance Request form. We will review your submission promptly.
Upon approval, a representative from our office will contact you regarding next steps. In certain cases, University Special Events will assume primary planning responsibilities. In other instances, a representative from University Special Events must serve on your planning committee to offer assistance and ensure that university protocols are followed, the proper officials are invited and publicity and media coverage of the event are coordinated. In addition, all collateral materials, such as invitations and programs, must be approved by University Special Events in consultation with the Chancellor’s Office.
The Point is the chancellor’s private residence. If you would like to request the use of The Point for your event, please consult the guidelines.
Need assistance planning your university event?
University Special Events is pleased to help guide you through the process of planning your event.
If your event is an institutional event, please contact our office for immediate assistance. All events that meet these criteria must be planned in consultation with our office:
- An event for which the chancellor initiates the invitation or the chancellor has a significant role in the program
- An event for which the invitation list includes VIPs such as the University of North Carolina system president, the UNC system Board of Governors, NC State’s Board of Trustees, NC State’s Board of Visitors, federal and local politicians, business executives or other special guests or dignitaries
- An event being sponsored at the college level or higher, such as a groundbreaking, anniversary or other event of universitywide significance
If your event does not fall into one of the categories above, we are still here to provide guidance to help ensure that your event is a success. Below are a few links and tips to help with your planning process:
Showcasing Our Chancellor's Aides
We are especially proud of our Chancellor’s Aides — a group of exemplary students chosen for their enthusiasm for NC State, their excellent academic performance and their desire to share their Think and Do experiences with others.
Positions are available to rising juniors and seniors.
More information on the Chancellor’s Aides and the application process can be found here.
For Our Guests
- Upcoming NC State events on our public events calendar
- All you need to know about Wolfpack athletics, including schedules, tickets, hotels and more at GoPack.com
- Where to park at the PNC Arena for men’s basketball games
- Directions to the Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center, home of the State Club
- Coming to campus and don’t know where to go? Stop by the E. Carroll Joyner Visitor Center for maps, directions, tour information and more.
Ellen S. Klingler
Associate Director, Advancement Services
Associate Director, Athletic Events
Associate Director, The Point Events