Skip to main content
- Establish a planning group composed of major stakeholders, and designate a chair.
- The planning group should include those who can best address the necessary tasks, which include:
- Hold the first meeting at least four months prior to the event.
- If the chancellor will be involved, follow the guidelines for the chancellor’s participation.
- Schedule meetings on a biweekly basis until one month before the event, and then as needed.
- Assign responsibilities for tasks, and determine due dates for each task.
- The planning group should make programming recommendations to the chair for approval.
- Prior to each meeting, send each planning group member an agenda that includes tasks and due dates (consider using our timeline and checklist).