What Drives Us
Our goal is to be the most professional, creative and effective strategic communications team in the Triangle region and among all U.S. public universities. We’re working to be proven and recognized as a vital component in driving NC State to the achievement of its strategic plan.
As NC State’s core integrated communications agency, UComm provides the campus community with central, professional communications leadership, strategy, services and support to ensure successful, on-brand, targeted, collaborative communications that help achieve the core mission and strategic goals of the university.
Working with colleges and units, UComm leads and promotes NC State’s communications focus across a variety of functions, including consulting, comprehensive communications planning, public and media relations, marketing, web communications, social media, internal and constituent communications, crisis communications, publications and graphic design.
What We Create
- Increased awareness of the university’s distinctive benefits
- Consistency in universitywide messaging and visual identity by facilitating integration and coordination of public relations and communications efforts throughout the institution
- Rapid, thoughtful engagement with emerging issues and public perceptions
- Effective marketing, communication and Web strategy, creative services and professional counsel for campus clients
- Meaningful guidance and resource assistance for university events