Updating a Profile
Information for an individual’s profile page can either be updated themselves or by a unit-/department-designated individual.
To begin updating a profile entry, you will need to login to the backend of WordPress, and then follow the steps below:
- On most sites, login by going to yoursite.ncsu.edu/wp-admin. (You will need to update yoursite.ncsu.edu with the domain of the site that lists your profile.)
- Login with your Unity ID and password.
- Update user profile as needed.
- Note: Profile fields can differ from site-to-site, but they are generally well documented within the WordPress backend.
- Click ‘Update’ in the upper right-hand corner to save your changes.
- Depending upon the site’s settings, your changes may be immediately published, or it may take several minutes/hours for the site’s cache to clear.
NOTE: While these instructions above will work on most sites, some departments and units may have different or more specific guidelines for updating your directory profile.
On most sites, your basic contact information, title, and website will be updated every morning from the campus directory. To ensure that your information is up-to-date across all campus websites and services, it is recommended that you update your contact information within the campus directory rather than overriding the campus directory’s information within your profile.
Have questions? Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns at go.ncsu.edu/ucomm-dev-request.